Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Khan/Koller Review

 Khan 
I could see myself using this website. I think that in a lot of my classes it would be beneficial to have a little extra help with something especially if you don't meet for class everyday. I think if my students felt like they were not understanding something that is being taught and they have tried getting help from me as a teacher and it is still not clicking, that they should try to look into some of the videos that may be beneficial to them. I know from experience that these videos are easy to follow. While in high school when I was having a hard time with math, I would youtube them and Khan's videos would always pop up. I did not even realize that this was the same person until I watched one of his videos. In a way I think that we rely on our credentials now. Maybe it's not just where you went for school. It can be a number of things like your degree that you got. I think that it makes it more accessible because we live in a world now where technology is increasing significantly and to have this online option gives learners an extra step that they might need at home. 

 Coursera
The course that looks most interesting to me is music and arts. I think that it is amazing that these type of courses are being offered and how they can be taught online. These courses can be transferred over to Columbus State if they wanted to grow education at a more face to face environment. It looks to me that they might be more challenging but also interesting. The reason I say it may be more challenging is because one might have a hard time comprehending the information that is given to them. I find it interesting that you can ask other students questions and you can even have a small group that you could meet up with. I personally think that who the teacher is may affect the course by how exciting they make it rather than a boring monotone voice talking in the videos. I think these MOOCs will eventually be more popular. I don't think they will necessarily be the future because I believe that people still like going into classroom settings and meeting people face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lesson Plan Supplemental Materials

https://create.kahoot.it/share/counting/6beeaaed-0732-4296-ae49-3a6555dfde73